Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Ecosystem Journals










Just Yesterday I went to my favorite book shop to get me a new Moleskine Journal, since my old one was full and to my delight I discovered a new kid on the block. It is a new company (at least to me) by name Ecosystem Life (http://www.ecosystemlife.com/) that is making knock-off on the Old Moleskine (http://www.moleskine.com/) but better in one aspect, it is made from 100% recycled post-consumer paper and to my biggest delight it is made in good old US of A.
Now that fact alone is surprising to me by it self, but then it gets better, it is costing exactly the same like Moleskine does!!
Now if you ever look at the label on the back of Moleskine, like I did, it is only designed in Italy, but really it is made in China. No recycling note anywhere and we know that China doesn't care about any other value except dollar sign.
My first impression was that for the same price I was getting a better product, printing is using a soy based ink, it has a famous pocket on the back just like its more famous competition. It is coming in the same sizes and vibrant colors.



One thing that is different and impressive it that on the back of the journal there is a registration number that allows you to register your journal so it is easier to be returned in case it is lost. But besides that there is even bigger reason for registration number, it allows you to find out where is your journals material is coming from and that my friends is a cut above.



Here is product that is made in USA, with all stringent regulations, has a same functionality like it's competition, it is made 100% from post-consumer material that thanks to registration number you can trace back and the price is still the same as the price of Moleskine $16.95... I just got me my New favorite journal.
I would strongly recommended over Moleskine to anyone who cares about the style and functionality but at the same time also is even slightly concerned about the future of our planet.



No comments:

Post a Comment